Call or Text
Classrooms, auditoriums, gymnasiums, music and media rooms, computer labs, libraries, cafeterias and chapels.
- Poor classroom acoustics can negatively affect children’s learning, especially children with learning disabilities or those learning in a second language.
- The hard wall and floor surfaces typical in classrooms, gymnasiums and other student spaces cause echo and long reverberation times, decreasing speech intelligibility.
- A 2007 study by Canadian Language and Literacy Research Network revealed: “one in six words is not understood by the average Grade 1 student due to excessive background noise and poor acoustics in Canadian classrooms”.
Solutions and Implementation
Choose Forward Acoustics absorptive wall panels or ceiling system.
- Reduce reverberation time, echo and primary reflections, increasing the intelligibility of speech and clarity of sound and music.
- Impact resistant, sturdy and lightweight.
- Choose from hundreds colours and fabric styles.
- Custom screen printing available – your image or logo.
- Standard and custom sizes available.
- Easy to maintain with simple brushing.
- Panels are available in any size.
- Easy mounting to walls and ceilings, no glue or harmful chemicals.
- Tackable panels available.
- Ceiling system sized to fit into standard 2’x2′ or 2’x4′ drop ceilings.
- Aim for 30% – 50% of total surface area of walls and ceiling.
- Place panels on the back wall opposite the instructor for optimal effect.
- Use L-brackets for easy, durable mounting, and no messy glue or damage to walls or ceilings.
Standard Sizes – Custom Sizes also available
- Choose from hundreds of colours and fabric styles in easy-clean, colour-fast, premium acoustic fabric.
- Custom laser printing also available.
The Sustainable Choice
Forward acoustics products are manufactured in Canada using environmentally conscious acoustic materials.
- 100% recycled, EcoLogo-certified acoustic fabric.
- Renewable pine frame – sustainable forest management-certified CSA Z809.
- Fiberglass absorptive interior is manufactured from recycled consumer glass.
- We do not use petroleum-based foam or toxic resin.
- Made in Canada.