Dining rooms, auditoriums, exercise facilities, medical facilities, music and media rooms, computer labs, libraries and chapels
Speech intelligibility is often an issue for older individuals.
- A 2005 study on hearing loss and aging in the Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development noted: “Reverberant environments are notably difficult for elderly listeners. Large rooms with high ceilings and walls composed of hard surfaces are characterized by long reverberation times. These findings indicate that poor room acoustics that include both noise and reverberation are particularly adverse for communication by elderly people”.
- Hard surfaces increase echo, reverb time and noise, reducing speech intelligibility.
- Modern residences have a variety of spaces such as activity rooms, meeting halls, classrooms, computer rooms, dining hall, workrooms and music rooms.
- If your residence has poor acoustics your residents may be missing up to a third of all conversations, dialogue in movies and television and spoken words.
- Converted spaces such as retail spaces and industrial sites that are not originally constructed for seniors facilities pose particularly severe acoustic problems.
- Rental or leased spaces have very strict noise and damage restrictions.
- Large-scale construction and investment is not an option.
- Provide a professional aesthetic look for your guests and clients.
- Install easily without damage to walls or ceilings.
Solutions and Implementation
Choose Forward Acoustics absorptive wall panels or ceiling system.
- Reduce reverberation time, echo and primary reflections, increasing the intelligibility of speech and clarity of sound and music.
- Impact resistant, sturdy and lightweight.
- Choose from hundreds colours and fabric styles.
- Custom screen printing available – your image or logo.
- Standard and custom sizes available.
- Easy to maintain with simple brushing.
- Panels are available in any size.
- Easy mounting to walls and ceilings, no glue or harmful chemicals.
- Tackable panels available.
- Ceiling system sized to fit into standard 2’x2′ or 2’x4′ drop ceilings.
- Aim for 20% – 50% of total surface area of walls and ceiling.
- Place panels evenly on the walls and ceilings.
- Use L-brackets for easy, durable mounting, and no messy glue or damage to walls or ceilings.
Standard Sizes – Custom Sizes also available
- Choose from hundreds of colours and fabric styles in easy-clean, colour-fast, premium acoustic fabric.
- Custom laser printing also available.
The Sustainable Choice
Forward acoustics products are manufactured in Canada using environmentally conscious acoustic materials.
- 100% recycled, EcoLogo-certified acoustic fabric.
- Renewable pine frame – sustainable forest management-certified CSA Z809.
- Fiberglass absorptive interior is manufactured from recycled consumer glass.
- We do not use petroleum-based foam or toxic resin.
- Made in Canada.